Friday, November 25, 2005

The Cast Is Off

Thank God!

Although this brings a whole new round of pain, but these are good pains. And I have a custom brace I have to wear for now. The doctor decided to start rehab on my wrist a week early. On the 18th I went in for him to check out my elbow (which turned out to be bursitis, joy)& some weird burning/warm sensations in my wrist(just healing pains). He took the cast off & had new x-rays taken, had me do some hand & arm movements & said he wanted to start me on rehab. So now I have to go in twice a week for rehab sessions & have various exercises I have to do at home.

I've been back to work since the 8th. On the 7th I had gotten a smaller cast & was able to at least do my job. Interestingly enough when I described what I do at work my doctor said it would be good exercise for my fingers. That & after I mentioned something about video games he said they would be helpful also.

So things are slowly coming back. I can kind of write with my hand again & I can sort of play video games, but my hand & wrist get fatigued after a while. Got a nasty looking 3 1/2 inch scar & it's getting itchy where the hair is growing back in. Can't wait until this whole thing is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,
I just got back home from vacation, and it appears that I received a package that was addressed to "Tracy Mark Gorges" from Wisconsin. It was addressed wrongly, there is no address on my street with those numbers, and I guess the UPS man thought that he should just leave it on my porch. I'm trying to track down the owner, but there is no Tracy Mark Gorges in Seattle that I can find. I'm thinking however, that this is you. Am I correct? If so, please e-mail me at struculeus@yahoo.com. I would like to find a home for this orphan.